#Fundamentals #Settings #Organization #Locations #Admin #Manager #Guest
What is a Location?
Locations reflect physical or virtual facilities of your business within Cozero. Emission calculation is done at the location level. They allow you to associate emissions to a specific geo-located site or a virtual representation of a site. Examples of locations can include, but are not limited to: headquarters, production facilities, a repair shop, parts departments, purchasing offices, employment offices, warehouses, meeting places for directors, sales offices, permanent sample or display rooms, research facilities or recreational facilities for use by employees or customers. In the Cozero Platform it is possible to create locations as part of business units.
How to create & edit Locations?
- Step 1: To the left of the Cozero platform dashboard page, click on “Organization”
- Step 2: Click on “Locations”
- Step 3: Click “+ 'Create new”'
- Step 4: Define all relevant fields for that location
- Step 5: Click "Save" to create the location
- Step 6: To make changes to a location: click on “Edit” on the right of the respective location and make sure to save your changes by clicking “Save” at the bottom
How to assign Users to a Location?
To make responsibilities clear in the carbon management process, you can assign Users of your organization as being responsible for that particular Location. You can simply assign Users to Locations by:
- either when you create a Location or when you edit a Location, there is the option to define the “Responsible User” for that particular Location
- Beware: the “Responsible User” first needs to be added in “Users”, which can be done in “Organization” → “Users” → “Invite User” in the top right section of the dashboard
How and when to activate or inactive a Business Unit / Location?
- The status of a “Business Unit” or “Location” can be changed when clicking on the respective “Business Unit” or “Location”, which can be found on the left side of your dashboard under the section “Organization”.
- To change the status of the “Business Unit” or “Location” click on the respective Business Unit or Location and switch the "active" button to active or inactive. If the button is blue-coloured, the business unit or location is active.